Friday, September 10, 2010

Best Part of my Day

If you’ve ever visited Please Touch Museum, you’ve probably met or played with some of our staff in purple shirts:



They’re our Experience Hosts, and they are here to help make your Please Touch Museum experience even more amazing by engaging families through play and making sure everyone is having a fun and safe time. They know every nook and cranny of the museum, and help our visitors out by answering questions, giving directions, and, most importantly, playing!

I’ve been chatting with some of my Experience Host friends and asking them about the best part of their days. Today, I talked to Charlie Knight (the smiling guy in the picture above) and he told me about this great interaction:

“I was working at the Carousel when a grandmother, her daughter, and her granddaughter came up to me. The grandmother told me she had met her husband at Woodside Park, where the Carousel used to be. She was so excited to see the Carousel again! After that, the whole family went for a ride together.”

Stay tuned for more “Best Part of My Day” stories from our Experience Hosts!

What was the best part of YOUR day at Please Touch Museum?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're all about learning through play.

Join Pinky, one of Please Touch Museum's resident puppets, on an inside look into all the fun, educational things happening at Philly's Children's Museum. This blog is not just about what we do at the museum, but about the educational philosophy behind why we do what we do.