Wednesday, November 3, 2010

When I Was Your Age...


Please Touch Museum wanted to find out what their staff’s favorite things were when they were kids. I decided to ask around!


I sat down with Helene Pospischill, Supervisor of Retail Operations at PTM.


Pinky: Good morning, Helene! Tell me, what 3 words best describe what you were like as a 7 year old?
Helene:
Curious, loud, and artistic.


Pinky: When you were a kid- what was your favorite toy?

Helene: Oh, my Lite Brite most definitely! Funny story, I used to leave my Lite Brite on all the time; it got so warm it would actually burn the carpet. From then on, my parents had a special designated Lite Brite time for me each day.

Pinky:
What kinds of things did you create with your Lite Brite?

Helene: I made cats, rainbows, fish- there was angel fish that was cool. I mainly remember making cats. I would use pink, blue, and purple-- I liked bright colors.

Pinky: So you mentioned you really liked cats. What other games did you play that incorporated cats?

Helene: I had pet cats and I also had a memory matching game that was animal-themed. My favorite memory match was the cat and the ball of yarn. I guess it all started when I was a baby because my mom actually decorated my nursery with cats.

Pinky: You said you were a little loud. Was there a song that you enjoyed singing at the top of your lungs?
Helene: Yes…Lamb Chop’s “This is the Song that Never Ends”. This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends…some people started singing it not knowing what it was and then continued singing it forever just because…


Pinky: Well, I can understand how that song could go on and on. Thank you for sharing a little bit about your childhood.

Helene: Thanks for having me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We're all about learning through play.

Join Pinky, one of Please Touch Museum's resident puppets, on an inside look into all the fun, educational things happening at Philly's Children's Museum. This blog is not just about what we do at the museum, but about the educational philosophy behind why we do what we do.