Monday, November 22, 2010

When I Was Your Age…


Hi everyone! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I wanted to find out some favorite childhood holiday traditions from the staff at Please Touch Museum. I decided to ask around! I sat down with Daniel McCunney, Media Relations Assistant at Please Touch Museum and here's what he had to say:

Pinky: Hi Dan! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. What is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

Dan: That’s a good question, Pinky. Thanksgiving is a good reminder for me to be thankful for everything I have and appreciate time spent with my family. I also love the food, though, Pinky! Thanksgiving dinner is one of my favorite meals of the year – from green beans and mashed potatoes to turkey and pumpkin pie, they’re all my favorites!

Pinky: Did you have any special Thanksgiving traditions when you were a kid?
Dan: Well, Pinky, I have a pretty big family (12 brothers and sisters!), and every Thanksgiving when I was young, the entire family came together and each person helped make a part of the meal – even the littlest ones - that way, everyone has a role in making the holiday special.

Pinky: Wow, that’s a lot of people! Does your family still do that now that you’re older?
Dan: Yes, we do! My family AND our Thanksgiving meals have gotten even bigger since I was a kid, so it’s a lot of fun at my house around the holidays.

Pinky: What other holiday traditions do you remember from when you were a kid?

Dan: The weekend after Thanksgiving, my siblings and I would take out all of the Christmas decorations from the closet and decorate the entire house. We always have a good time decorating together!

Pinky: That’s great, Dan. Thanks for sharing some of your holiday traditions with me!

Dan: Thank you, Pinky! And Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're all about learning through play.

Join Pinky, one of Please Touch Museum's resident puppets, on an inside look into all the fun, educational things happening at Philly's Children's Museum. This blog is not just about what we do at the museum, but about the educational philosophy behind why we do what we do.